Take Action on Housing in the federal budget reconciliation!
Your Representative and Senators need to hear from you! We need a budget that lays the foundation for a housing infrastructure that serves us all!
We are in a crucial phase of Congressional negotiations around the budget, and we need to turn up the volume now with our Senators and Representative, and demand they pass a budget that provides a just recovery for all, and includes making sure all of us have the safety, stability and comfort of a place to call home. Click here for a sample of what to say and some talking points.
We are asking Congress to fully fund the budget at $3.5 trillion, including three priorities for housing:
- $90 billion for rental assistance
- $80 billion to preserve public housing
- $37 billion to national Housing Trust Fund
Contact your members of Congress!
- Link to find the contact information for your members of Congress
- Click here for a sample of what to say and some talking points.
Record a video about the need for a Just Recovery and Homes for All to share with your Congress members, and with you social media networks!
Want more information about the Community Change Just Recovery campaign?
In addition to housing, Community Change and our partners are pushing for an economic recovery package that includes the Child Care Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child care, Unemployment, and Immigration. Learn more and get involved by clicking the links below
- Just Recovery talking points and Messaging to Pushback on Conservative Economic Frames
- One pager on the state impacts of the Childcare Tax Credit (CTC)/Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Take action online – sign a petition to make the CTC and EITC permanent and inclusive
- This chart shows the expiration dates for federal pandemic benefits